Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 EQUINOX
, INTAKE CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR EXHAUST…

Customer Question
***** ***** 2012 EQUINOX...

***** ***** 2012 EQUINOX

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

INTAKE CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR EXHAUST CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSOR

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
I have paid $28.00. I saw no $18 option. Am I ready now?
do you have a part number for these from a place like auto parts warehouse I also have code p0420 which is catalyst system low efficiency bank 1. Would this be the frt or the rear. where on the engine are the cam sensors? with my luck inside the block
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/23/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED replied 2 years ago
Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED

Po420 would be the rear catalytic converter or right engine side toward the firewall. If you truck is setting cam shaft position codes and you have a 3.6 engine you need too have the timing chains replaced. Please give a positive rating. Thanks

it's a 2.4
so as long as i get cat conv rear direct fit i should be good????
see if this looks right.... Part Number: EAST50508 Manufacturer Number: 50508 from autopartswarehouse.com

Thanks former the info. On your truck you only have 1 cat converter and its toward the rear of the engine towards the firewall. I don't don't part numbers but if the cat fits and has to correct metals inside it wil work. As far as the camshaft position codes if make sure the oil is full and if so you'll need camshaft actuator and solenoids to repair. Thak

i do not need the camshaft intake postioning sensors or the exhaust positioning sensor. where are the cam actuator and solenoid located? how complex is it? I put big disc brakes on 76 and my 85 c10 with belltech sways bars and tubular control arms so i can turn a wrench but no where near a tech level.
i know a little about gen 1 and 2 engines not much past that i do have a ls1 in my 85, but i had it installed
in other words... i'm a fuel injection idiot

Very technical repair. Amateur in this field will Need all special holding tool to set the timing. The solenoids are on top the valve cover at the front of the engine, the actuators are under the valve cover front of the camshaft.

Triston
Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED