Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 silverado 1500 4.8 4 x 4. recently installed a…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** have a 2000 silverado 1500 4.8 4 x 4. recently installed a reman transmission, after approximately 1500 ***** ***** it suddenly is binding severely in reverse. All forward gears are working fine. It does not try to move forward in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not that I can think of

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/22/2016
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

what do you mean by binding

it doesnt want to move, like a brake is holding. If i really rev it up it tries to move but it really doesnt want to

any fine metallic particles in the trans fluid?

any noise?

im not sure, havent been able to get it into the shop to tear into it yet
no noise

sounds like the reaction shell aka sun shell may be stripped... I would see if there is any particulates in the fluid

ok thanks

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you