Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

I have a 2007 Tahoe ltz. just started having battery drain

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Tahoe ltz. just started having battery drain issue and was wondering if might be the bcm recall?? I have battery starter and charging system checked and al passed.
I issues I am having is the dome light turns on and off while driving, locks lock and unlock, and after turning off truck and sitting for over 15 mins. I can hear what sounds like the cd player spinning coming for the radio area??
Any Ideas??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Yes, that could very well be the recall and it sounds like it is. However, to be sure you will want to do a parasitic draw test on it. Here is a link to the draw test.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ribl2bhwbj6lkbz/BATTERY%20DRAW%20TEST_TAHOE.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get that?