GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Y name is I have a 05 Chevrolet Impala, with a sun roof,

Customer Question

Customer: y name is***** have a 05 Chevrolet Impala, with a sun roof, when it rains water builds up on rear passage floor, my speakers also went out, had sun roof drains cleaned, still have problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sounds like I hear water settled in the front under the hood of the car
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: still waiting for answer to my question
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

HI Kim, I am Cam.

your issue sounds like the drains are plugged. On the sunroof, the track around the bottom of the opening is a trough. There is a drain from each corner to drain water to the outside of the car. What happens is over time the drains plug up and the water runs into the vehicle.
to clean the drains, first open the sunroof and clean any debris out that you see. Then using low pressure compressed air, try to blow the drains out. Finally, use something like weed eater string to fish down each drain hose and see if you can free any debris.

If this does not work then we need to remove trim and visually inspect and repair the drains. Most times though these steps clear the drains and take care of the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tas I stated drains were cleaned did not work

So have you checked visually the lines where they attach and exit the vehicle?
IS the seal of the glass torn or worn to allow more water than the system can handle?