Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 chevropet malibu traction control light came on while…

Customer Question
2006 chevropet malibu traction control...
2006 chevropet malibu traction control light came on while driving, car lerched and was parked on the side of the road. Vehicle was turned off and tried to start again but it wont start again. All interior lights turn off when turning the key, dash needles light up and something clicks really fast but it doesnt sound like a starter. Vehicle wont start. Battery isn't dead.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/20/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Is the clicking sound coming through the speakers?

Let me try. Im on my way back to the vehicle.

You stated that the battery is not dead. How are you sure?

The car has had zero probalems starting, no other weird issues, but while driving the tc light came on, the car hiccupped or had a stalling feeling, according to my wife, and then she found a place to park and turn it off. The vehicle hasnt cranked at all, it sounds like it wants to every coupLe of turns and just for a split second. All i get is very very fast clicking, like i said it doesnt sound like a starter. Vehicle was running fine, no previous battery issues, im going purely off of the performance of the battery and that the vehicle was operating fully to say that the battery isnt the issue.
It sounds like the clicking is coming from just behind the dash, in the middle somewhere, its not loud

There is probably a relay clicking. I believe the battery has in fact went dead. Possibly a charging system fault. Your symptoms all sound like a charging system fault so that is the first thing I would check.

Had the battery tested, it needed replaced. I put a good, brand new, expensive battery in the car. Oh also, i had the alternator tested and it's good. Well i get everything assembled and i go to start the car, it starts to turn over but i can almost feel how fast the battery is losing power and everything stops, again with a low putched chirp.
I try again to start the cad and this time the power is even lower on the crank and i get another chirp and everything stops.
3rd try the battery is dead.These were quick tries, i wasn't on the ignition for more than 2 seconds each try.Please advise.

Remove the belt and see if it will start. by the sounds of things you either need a starter or the engine is seized up