BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Trying to wire a backup camera to my mom's chevy Impala 2008

Customer Question

Customer: trying to wire a backup camera to my mom's chevy Impala 2008 trying to decide which is the pos and neg. Both wires going into the backup light appear black
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What is the positive colored wire for a white backup light
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank yo for the question. Are you trying to wire it to the rear lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying to wire a backup camera to the backup light so it only dam on when in reverse.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. They should have a brown wire going to them which is the power wire for the reverse lights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm that I just bought the answer to this one question. Info not want an ongoing subscription
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean I do not want an ongoing subscription
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

That is not something I can look into. I am just an expert that is here to help. You would have to contact customer service.