Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to replace my chevy trailblazers actuator

Customer Question
Hello Tim, I am trying to...
Hello Tim,
I am trying to replace my chevy trailblazers actuator housing.
I am able to take most of the housing out, but the back cup part that goes around the output shaft on the differential broke off from the other part of the housing. I can not seem to get it loose.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/19/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any binding components that may need to be removed or corrected preventing this from coming off as this can cause this issue here.If anything is seen holding up the actuator from removing this will need corrected.If you can tell me what actuator on which gear box you are trying to remove this will help as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hello Pete,
There are no more components that need to be removed. I have everything off. This part just broke off from the original actuator housing.
The actuator I am dealing with is on the passenger side front..
I was thinking of thermal cycling. Using a heat gun to heat up the area around the piece and applying dry ice to the piece in hopes that it would shrink enough to remove.
Thoughts?

Is this the front differential,transfer case or rear differential you are working with here and is this the control actuator that shifts the vehicle?

This is on the Front differential. It is the part that engages the*****

Is this the actuator itself or the housing that the actuator bolts to?

It is the back part of the actuator itself. The cup part that goes into the differential and around the output shaft of the differential. It broke off of the actuator and is not lodged in.

O.k.,unfortunately my info isnt showing how this is removed on this model here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician