Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Bob Washburn and my issue is the tuck won't start when you

Customer Question

Customer: Bob Washburn and my issue is the tuck won't start when you turn the key on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had the ignition replaced by the dealer and it cost 700.00 + When i LEFT THE DEALER and went home I couldn't getr the key out. I called the dealer and he said to push the gear shift toward the front of the truck and I did and it came out. I asked him why did it do that and he said the spring broke so that it wouldn't go back. I said how much would that be to fix and he said 650.00+. He said I could keep pushing it back until it wouldn't do it any more that I would have to have the spring fixed at the above price. I thought it was rediculous and here i am no start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What year and model is your truck?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.