sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Hei my Name is øivindi have chevrolet silverado pickup

Customer Question

Customer: hei my Name is ***** ***** chevrolet silverado pickup 1996NOW stop The time and often now I'm driving and when I start the car igen so illuminated check gages and battery lights what can be wrong?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I start the car again so illuminated dashboard lights check gages and battery lights
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

it is a 1996 year model...correct?

what engine do you have?

please explain your problem,im not undertsanding

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1996 Chevrolet 2500 3x3 silverado 6,4 l 193hk.
my problem is that my car suddenly dies out when i drive it and i manages to start again. can be up to ten palates consecutively. when I star ether igjenn so it lights up check gages and battery on the dashboard

please stand by.

someone will be right with you

thanks

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if your engine light and battery light come on as well as the check gauges warning, and the engine sometimes dies. The most likely cause for the engine and battery lights coming on together would be the alternator not charging, which can also cause the engine to die if you continue to drive.

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery light come on as well as the check gauges warning just come on not the engine light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what could it be when?

Testing would need to be done at the time the lights are on but if the battery light comes on it's almost surely because the alternator isn't charging, which is usually the alternator itself.