Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2011 Equinox ABS light an stabilitrak light won't shut off

Customer Question

Customer: 2011 Equinox ABS light an stabilitrak light won't shut off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: started vehicle these lights came on and won't go off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

has anything been done to this vehicle to where now you have this problem ?

is this something you want to fix yourself or looking for a good idea before it goes into the shop ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the stabiltrak is run by the ABS system on this vehicle

when both lights are on when you start up this vehicle the ABS system tests the resistance to all the wheel sensors and usually has picked up on a wheel speed sensor signal out of range during its self test

most of the time having the ABS codes read will specify which wheel sensor it is not reading correctly once you know which wheel sensor it is a matter of inspecting the wires and connection at the particular wheel and if the wiring and connections are good at the wheel replacing the wheel speed sensor for that wheel will correct this issue

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer and for FREE you can always get me back through this post any time with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if the sensor is removed and tests good then the hub/bearing assembly that triggers the sensor would need to be replaced

in a nut shell these usually boil down to a bad sensor or a hub/bearing that triggers that particular sensor

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE with any follow up with this question even after you rate us here as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer