GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Trying to find an easier way to get to the three metric

Customer Question

Customer: trying to find an easier way to get to the three metric bolts on a wiper motor. In a 96 g-30 without having to remove a piece of duct that
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really without sending pictures. The manual I have is for a 95 g series and apparentlly gm decided to go with one solid piece of duct as apposed to several. so I can feel the bolt heads but can not see them nor do i know if I will have enough space to remove the motor once I do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you have a better solution than what's in gm's manual I'm all ears and have six hours until I have to start pulling things apart to try to get to it again
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Is the van you have a 95 or 96? The 96 is under the hood and the 95 is under the dash