sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

We have 2 chevy uplanders. 1) 2007 was modified, while

Customer Question

We have 2 chevy uplanders. 1) 2007 was modified for wheelchair, while sitting idling the heat gets cold...NOT good with 3 kids (2 have body temperature control issues). How can we fix it? 2) 2008 started showing tire pressure warning. Tire wasn't low or anything. Turned off vehicle & restarted and the warning light message disappeared. What's wrong & how do we fix it? Thank you for your time!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If there is heat with the engine at higher RPM's but less at idle it's usually caused by low coolant level. When the coolant level gets low enough you can have air in the heater core at idle or low speed instead of continuous coolant flow which will cause the heat to be poor. With the engine at a higher speed and the water pump moving faster it will move coolant faster and will force more through the heater core, so heat comes back.

The first thing I would recommend is checking the coolant level. If ok, which I don't expect, then the next thing I would recommend is to try bleeding the cooling system to ensure there isn't an air pocket in the heater core.

The tire pressure warning light is most likely coming on because of a failing sensor if all tires are set to the correct pressure. A scan tool will be needed to see what fault codes are setting to begin diagnosis.