Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

20002 blazer has no illumination speedo and no display on

Customer Question

Customer: 20002 blazer has no illumination for the speedo and no display on overhead instruments Some times the instruments work but still no dash illum
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What question can I answer to help you
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the radio works but also does not always display the station. Dash illumination never works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checked the power at the illumination fuse and there is no power the fuse is good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
another thing is the courtsey lights do not go off unless you use the over ride switch
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

For the speedometer lights. If other lights in the cluster do work, then its likely just a blown bulb.

For the overhead display can you wiggle its wire harness and connector to see if you can make that failure occur?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris