Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2004 chevy Tahoe when you start sounds like the fan blade is

Customer Question
hitting the shroud, but the...
2004 chevy Tahoe when you start sounds like the fan blade is hitting the shroud, but the noise is on the passenger side close to the cab. It is not the fan blade on the radiator nor is it the fan motor on the ac/heater as I already dropped that and checked it. Terrible clatter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/12/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

Does this have an automatic transmission? If so, and the torque converter cover may be hitting. Remove it and listen if the noise goes away and while you are at it, check to make sure the bellhousing bolts are tight, the starter bolts are tight, torque converter to flexplate bolts are tight, etc.

Was it the torque converter cover hitting?

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic