Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Question about 2004 trailblazer lights on dash and heater...

Customer Question

question about 2004 trailblazer lights on dash and heater...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you can go ahead and let me know what your question is here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

on my trailblazer, the heater works intermittently, when it does not work several lights come on in the dash

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is the heater not lighting up at all when this occurs?

Has anything been checked/tested or replaced for this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The heater fan switch when turned is not making fan come on when the lights are in the dash.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what lights are coming on?

Does your vehicle have the AUTO heater and ac system or manual controls and if it has the AUTO does the heater controller display light up at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will tell you what lights are on , it has a manual heater, if it is working correctly now can we keep this thread open? as i say it is intermittent

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

We can keep this open as long as needed here before or after a rating is left if you need more assistance.

One common component I have seen that acts up and causes this issue here with lights coming on on the dash and the heater not working is the electronic ignition switch itself.This switch is located under the ignition cylinder on the column and is usually around $30 for the part.This is a common failure on this model as I have had to replace several of these before for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

abs light brake light and a dinging like a bell

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was the ignition switch replaced at all and did it correct the previous issues and is this a new issue or is this issue related to the same issues above?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

issue is related to the same issues, this is what is happening when heater does not work

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,was the electronic ignition switch replaced at all to see if it corrects the fault here?