Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer. The tail lights and the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer. The tail lights and the parking lights on the front are not working. I am trying to locate the fuse box to find out if it's a blown fuse. Could you please help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Here is the wiring diagram, the fuse "F Park" #37 is in the rear fuse block. Give me a minute to find out exactly where that is located.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Also here is the other diagram,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Here is your owners manual and the fuse start on page 5-92,

The rear fuse block is located under the rear seat.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

There are more fuses in there. LR park #14 and RR Park #17. Plus the park lamp relay and I believe since they are both out, that relay may be the problem, it's #30 in that under rear seat fuse box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both fuses and relay have been changed and it's still not working. The park light dome light are not working to
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or 12 volt test light? If so, turn the headlight switch to park, then test that "F park" fuse # ***** for voltage. If it doesn't have voltage remove that relay and check the socket prongs for voltage, with the key and headlight switch off. 2 spots should be hot. If so, I believe the problem has to do with the bcm or headlight switch then. You could ground the wire coming from the relay before the bcm and before the headlight switch to find out which is at fault. the wire at connector 3 of the bcm pin a14, so unhook it and ground that wire and see if the lights work now. If they do, plug it back in and now disconnect the plug at the lightswitch and ground that gray/black wire at connector 1 pin e. If it works now, replace that switch.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

If you just want to work on one test at a time that's fine, let me know after each test and then I will tell you what to test next.

Starting with turn the headlight switch to park, then test that "F park" fuse # ***** for voltage.

Does it have voltage, yes or no?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

get them working yet?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.