GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have p0172 code on my 2010 Silverado 5.3 .l. it has rough

Customer Question

I have p0172 code on my 2010 Silverado 5.3 .l . it has rough start and extended cranking when cold. Any ideas
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The P0172 is a bank 1 rich code. I really dont think it is related to your hard start and if we correct the hard start it will likely go away.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have access to a
fuel pressure gauge
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Can you check fuel pressure cold and hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am getting readings of 54 psi cold and around 62 hot..
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

How long does it take to bleed off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bby bleed off do you mean start running normally because it stalls out and then when I restart it there is no problem.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

No. When it pressurizes before you start it. Watch how long it takes for pressure to reduce.