Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

The back hatch does not open I took the trim off my 2005

Customer Question

The back hatch does not open I took the trim off my 2005 chevy venture what do I do now?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can access the latch locate where the release cables/handle connects to the latch and try and use a flat blade screw driver or similar to try and manually push or pull the release and see if it opens then.In some cases this works.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. What next??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When you use the handle what does the latch do does it move at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the latch didnt move.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Does the lock cylinder rod move if you disconnect the rod from it to see if you can unlock the latch then open it?