Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 94 Camaro base Conv ,the problem is the top will

Customer Question

i have a 94 Camaro base Conv ,the problem is the top will not go all the way down , the # ***** bow does not clear the rear seat , seat belt pedestalls , it hits on top of them , I purchased this car a bout a month ago , the top looks like its oem , I want to put a tonneau cover on it but can not, because of this , don`t know how to fix ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, look closely at the #2 bow and see if there are velcro strips holding the cover to the bow. These were added on some due to the top cover slapping the bow, but may cause the bow to bend over time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the message i think , but it is very incomplete it askes me to look for velcro at the # ***** bow , I do not see any Velcro .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well , i think I found the Right page , yes the bow slides thought a sack like opening on the uderside of the top , but it not velcro its canvas glued to the top, the bow is not bent its kind off floating in between the top and the headliner with 2 -1/4 " rods holding it inplace at about 10 or 12 " from #1 bow ,so when it comes down behind the rear seat it hit the seat belt pedistalls , I think if it was a couple inchs back it would clear ?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, let me see if there is an adjustment to the #2 bow