Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My truck won't start. i have changed the fuel pump, the fuel

Customer Question

my truck won't start. i have changed the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the cam sensor, and the mass air flow sensor. it started, ran terriffic all day and the next day, nothing!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Do you have any test equipment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like what?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Spark tester

Fuel pressure gauge

Injector noid lights

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately no
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Why did you replace the components you changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question, is the fuel line supposed to be under pressure? when I turn the key, it primes. when I turn the key off, the pressure is gone
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

yes should have 55 PSI. it should hold pressure for 10 minutes or so.

Where did you get pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok nevermind. now I wont get charged for this, Right?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I have attempted to assist you. The only way I get compensated for my time is for you to rate me. Please be fair and rate based on service you were provided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from the local auto parts store
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it possibly be the coolant temperature sensor?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
The coolant sensorry will not prevent fuel pressure
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pumps on Gm vehicles are very picky. The aftermarket pumps are not satisfactory a lot of times. Get a fuel pressure gauge and check pressure. Don't buy anything else until you do