Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2007 trailblazer, about every 1 in 10 times I start

Customer Question

I have a 2007 trailblazer, about every 1 in 10 times I start my car, the stability track service light is on, along with the stability track indicator is on. Both lights stay solid. Once the car is turned off and then back on, the lights aren't on. What could be causing this
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This may be due to low voltage to the stability system or a fault with one of the stability components that is acting up every other ignition cycle or similar as I have seen before.What needs to be done here first is to have the fault codes checked/read out using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

I have seen failure with the electronic ignition switch cause an intermittent issue like this here needing replaced in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete