Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I was talking to H. about my blower motor is he there?

Customer Question
I was talking to George...
I was talking to George H. about my blower motor is he there?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/4/2016
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

I am here, what did you find?

I have no power at the motor Alison.

OK, both sides when it is plugged in?

No power at the plug any where.

OK, then we need to back up, I am sorry I misread your reply.

So at the DEF fuse in the underdash fuse block you have power to both the contacts on the back of the fuse with the key on? You did have the key on and the blower control on high when you checked the motor?

Sorry George I did not have the key on and blower switch to high. What does DEF mean??

The fuses in the juncblock have labels, should be on the cover of the block. The DEF fuse feeds one side of the blower relay but go back and check the motor connection first with the key on and the blower on high. Look for any burnt connections along the way and let me know if you power to the connector and out on the pink wire with the motor plugged in.

Thanks

OK will do but I will have to reconnect with you tomorrow because the car isn't here right now. Thank you George.

That is fine, post to this thread to get back to me, I plan on being here tomorrow.

Thanks

Yes, you can use a heavy gauge wire to jumper the relay, you will have to install the jumper each time you run the car and remove it when you are done.

The DEF fuse feeds the relay so maybe the ground for the relay is not present to turn it on.

The relay has a electro magnet in it and closes the high current side when it is grounded so see if the new relay works but if it does not I can help you check for ground.

Let me know what i can do to help

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician