Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I changed my battery on my 2002 Chevy trail blazer and after

Customer Question

I changed my battery on my 2002 Chevy trail blazer and after the driver side actuator as somehow flipped in to the opposite mode, Passenger side works. The driver side makes all the correct sounds, motor works on actuator, you hear the flapper open and close, it just seems to be calibrated. I did the rest by pulling fuse, and still didn't work. I don't have a scanner tool, do you I need a scanner tool, and if so which one do I need that will let me make settings.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

lets try something simple here

remove both battery cables from the battery,the + and the - ,touch and hold both battery cables together for 5 seconds,then re-install them back to the battery..

let me know if that worked

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'll try right now. Thanks

ok..just let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. Driver and passenger seem to be just opposite of each other. From reading other online forums I have disconnected the fuse for over 10 secs, then turn key to run position without turning on, you hear a reset go on, but it always goes back to the opposite. I even disconnected the harness to the actuator, then reset and nothing. Crazy thing is all I did was change car battery, and I can hear it working fine, just not the same as passenger side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also truck is like new condition all these years. I would change out actuator if it didn't move, but I hear it doing all the functions correctly just wrong setting

stand by

are you talking about the lock actuator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The driver Actuator mixer for air. It's in the tightest spot ever that needs a special tool just to remove it from what I've learned online.

Actuator Recalibration (Primary) When replacing the HVAC control module it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC control module be sure to perform the following: Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result. 1. Place the ignition switch to the OFF position. 2. Disconnect the scan tool. 3. Install the HVAC control module. 4. Connect all previously disconnected components. 5. Start the vehicle. 6. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate. 7. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs. When replacing the HVAC actuator it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC actuator be sure to perform one of the following: Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted improper HVAC performance will result. Preferred Method (w/ Scan Tool) 1. Clear all DTCs. 2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position. 3. Install the HVAC actuator. 4. Connect all previously disconnected components. 5. Start the vehicle. 6. With the scan tool, initiate the Motor Re-calibration feature of the Heating and Air Conditioning Special Functions menu. 7. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs. Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result. Alternate Method (w/o Scan Tool) 1. Clear all DTCs. 2. Place the ignition switch to the OFF position. 3. Install the HVAC actuator. 4. Connect all previously disconnected components. 5. Remove the HVAC B fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds. 6. Install the HVAC B fuse. 7. Start the vehicle. 8. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate. 9. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.

Remove the HVAC B fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds. 6. Install the HVAC B fuse. 7. Start the vehicle. 8. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate. 9. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I verify DTCs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scanner tool?

yes,,with a scanner

dtc+diagnostic trouble codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any particular one you suggest

if you dont have a scanner,you may just want to have the dealer to calibrate..

it only takes a few minutes

they may charge $75+/-

the scanner you need to do this isnt cheap

a tech2 may cost $2000+/-

would be cheaper to just let a shop reprogram

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ugh! They want $185 to scan then give an estimate on repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'll try a non dealer that works on Chevys to scan. Okay thanks

did you tell them all you want is to re calibrate?that is too high

i would think $75

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told him the whole spill, but he went into all this crap about its an old vehicle, that it's will take a min of 4 hours from what he read off his dealer service book of charge. I'm in Southern California, it was a Chevy dealer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said probably will be around $400 after repaired, meaning Scan and recaliber

hmmm..mabe he is tihnking replacing the actuator

i dont think it needs replaced,i think it just lost calibration from replacing the battery

check with an independent mechanic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree thanks

again.$75 is a good price for re-calibrating

you are very welcome

have a blessed new year