Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

05 chevy uplander when i start the van runs fine, i go to

Customer Question
05 chevy uplander when...
05 chevy uplander when i start the van runs fine, i go to drive have no power, throttle is spongy. when i hold the throttle to the floor it takes off with great power and then it runs fine from then on
Only code that has came up is PO404 I have replaced EGR FUEL PUMP MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR MAP SENSOR PCM Throttle body taken it to a dealer no help there when I unplug the EGR it works fine I Think something is making the EGR STAY OPEN TO MUCH , each time I turn the van off and restart same problem, intill I hold the throttle to the floor it takes off with great power and then it runs fine from then on ,
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
12/31/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

how many miles is on the uplander?

have you checked the transmission fluid?is it full?

is the fluid a bright red color or a brown burnt color?

does it have all gears?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The van has 200178 miles on the van the oil is changed every 2500 miles .the transmission fluid is done every 5 oil changes
Is is not the transmission
Is has to be a sensor telling the EGR
To stay open to long

the egr wouldnt make the engine rev up without pulling the van

that is what i understand you are saying it does.is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
When I hold the throttle down to the floor the power is restored and runs fine
There is nothing rong with the transmission
If I try to dive normal the throttle is spongy
If you disconnect the EGR. It runs fine

ohhh ok,,i mis understood

yes,this does sound like an egr problem,,

i can give you some tests/checks for that code that will help you pin-point the problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The EGR is new I have all ready supply a list of all the new part
PCM and program by chevy dealer
EGR
O2 SENSOR down stream
Throttle body
Fuel pump
Map SENSOR
mass air flow sensor
What else controls the EGR opening and closing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have also check with a scan tool it show ok on EGR

sorry for the delay.

but,you still get the 404 code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only some times
When I hold the throttle to the floor to lone when the EGR is open
When it is frist started the van
The van needs to be going down the road when the throttle is held down on the floor
After that the van will run great
And no more codes
Until I turn it off and restart the van and Ithen i have to do it all over again so I try to keep the van on all day . But sometimes I forget and turn the van off and I have to take and hold the throttle to the floor to get the van to run normal again
There has to be another sensor that has went out or not function right . I have checked the relays in the fuse box under the hood all test ok what else controls the EGR POSITION that i have not replaced yet something is telling the ecu to hold the EGR open

nothing other than the ecu controls the egr valve..i will give you some tests/checks that will help you find the problem with your egr

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/50ocx345lq96mom/0101-0uplander-EXHAUST%20GAS%20RECIRCULATION.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/50ocx345lq96mom/0101-0uplander-EXHAUST%20GAS%20RECIRCULATION.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic