Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Jonas. Looking answer on the dowel pins mentioned in the

Customer Question

Jonas. Looking for the answer on the dowel pins mentioned in the article of installing a water pump on a 2000 chevy tracker
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, exactly what is your question about the dowel pins?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are they located. I am replacing my water pump on a 2000 chevy tracker but cannot locate the dowel pins mentioned. dont know what they look like or where they are.
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/4ntta-chevrolet-tracker-4x2-need-know-change-water.html#re.v/462/
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Have you removed the water pump from the engine yet? There should be a locator dowel pin on either side of the block that the water pump bolts to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, the water pump seems to be solidly mounted despite the fact that i have removed the 4 bolts holding it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water pump has broken free of the engine block but cannot find how to remove the hose at the rear of the thermostat housing.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I use flexible hose clamp pliers to loosen the clamp and slide it back some and then pull the thermostat housing with a side to side twisting motion to free it from the hose. I have attached a photo of the type of pliers I am referring to

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?