Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2009 Chevy 3500 won't go into gear when I go from park to…

Customer Question
My 2009 Chevy 3500 won't...
My 2009 Chevy 3500 won't go into gear when I go from park to reverse or any gear. Would have been a PNP problem in an earlier model can't find the PNP on this one
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
12/24/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED replied 2 years ago
Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED

PNP is the internal mode switch on that truck it's inside the transmission and the valve body will need to be removed to access. But first I'd apply the parking brake and make sure when I put it in gear the shifter cable is actually moving at the transmission and you should feel detent for every gear. If it's not moving the shaft in the transmission make sure the bolt is tight, if it not moving at all follow the cable back up to the steering column. If that's ok you may need the internal module switch. Thanks