George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

My name is ***** ***** i am trying to replace a power

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** i am trying to replace a power steering pump on a 1999 chevy suburban. it has 3 bolts on the front and 2 in the back. but when i take them out i still cant get it out because of the braket in front of the pump needs to go forward about 1 inch because of the 2 bolts that are the back of the pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I toke 3 bolts out on the brcket which also holds the air conditioing pump that is above the power sterring pump , but it does not move. I dont know what is holding it. I can not see any more bolt .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Have you removed the pulley from the pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1999 chevy suburban K1500 1/2 4WD 5.7L
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

there are three bolts in front and 2 bolts in back. The one upper in back is difficult to see or access and it attaches to a bracket that must be removed. Sometimes it is easier to remove the front engine bracket and then remove the pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to but is christmas and cant aford to at this time.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I dont understand the response. Removing the bracket is not that difficult.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, make sure there is nothing in the tank and you should be good on fuel flow.

If no more questions please complete the rating