GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2013 2500 hd with 6.0 motor turn key and it takes like 5 or

2013 2500 hd with 6.0 motor turn key and it takes like 5 or 6 revolutions to start...it only has 17000 miles any ideas what might cause this?

HI there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

With your vehicle, is it every single start or just the first start of the day?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my name is ***** ***** it seems to be every start

Ok Don, this makes me think that there fuel pressure is dropping off. To check, attach a fuel gauge. Pressure should come up and stay at 55-62 psi. Then when you turn the key off it should hold for 5 mins and not drop more than 5 psi. If the pressure does drop then its leaking pressure back and is caused but a failed regulator assembly inside the fuel pump in which the whole fuel pump assembly would need to be replaced.

If its holding pressure then we need to look at the fuel composition. IF there is more ethanol than it should have, it will take longer to start. With your mileage though, it should be under warranty still.