Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

ItsRyan, Just replaced master cylinder on a 1998 k1500 4wd

Customer Question
Customer: Hi ItsRyan, Just replaced...
Customer: Hi ItsRyan, Just replaced master cylinder on a 1998 k1500 4wd 4w abs And have a power bleeder thats forces air through to bleeders and cant seem to get a good pedal i dont have a tech 1 or 2 scan tool to activate abs unit is there any way to activate manually
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can i power the abs motor with 12volts a couple times to activate the abs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Havnr heard back i was needing to get this truck finished today for my customer. let me know if you can help its been a hour.
thanks ryan
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

i am sorry for the long wait

if you do NOT have a scan tool take the truck outside and carefully drive it slow on gravel or dirt and get the ABS to activate

do that a few times then manually bleed it again it might take a few times of doing this but that should get the trapped out of the ABS into the lines to manually bleed out any air still trapped in the ABS unit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can i power the abs motor with 12 volts for a couple seconds will that do the same thing

you can but that will only run the pump you need the pump to run and the internal valve to move to push out any air without a scan tool and by activating the ABS slow when driving will run the pump and cycle the internal valves

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it ok to continue bleeding with my power bleeder or do i need to foot bled it

i would foot bleed it after a few ABS stops

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The problem I am having is the first guy I talked to at your company Saturday said $18 you guys hit my credit card for $28.

you had another question before you talked to me ?

i am showing a total of $ 28 for this question

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No when I originally talked to someone they said it costed $18 and they would get back to me soon then I heard from you and here we are now

if you call Justanswer they will adjust it to what ever you agreed on when you started the question

i am not involved in that end of it i just answer the questions

if they said 18 then they will fix it for you

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician