Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Drivers power seat works intermittently heater too

Customer Question
drivers power seat works intermittently heater too
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
12/4/2015
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

This sounds like the typical issue with the connection under the drivers seat. Let me explain.

There is a large connector under your seat, at the back. IT has the connections for power, ground, the signals to and from the door for the heated seats and such in it. The power and ground terminals are too small and often start to overheat creating a poor connection. This results in intermittent operation of that connection and the seat functions. This is easy to identify, from the back seat, find the connector and disconnect it. Check on the condition of the terminals inside. Often you will find the 2 for the power and ground melted. There are a couple options for repair. First is to replace the connectors but then it may happen again. The easier option is to cut the wires for just the power and ground, then direct connect them with crimp connectors.

thank you, ***** ***** that

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer OK to Excellent service and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.
Please know that the only compensation for my time spent assisting you is when you provide that rating.

I also just got a message today on my dash that I need service my 4wd
I have 250,000 miles

The Service 4wd means there is a fault in the system. We would need the code as scanned from that system with a scan tool to see why, but it could be the module, switch, actuator on the front axle, or the shift motor or sensor on the transfer case.

thanks

My pleasure.

IS there more I can get you? IF not please provide a rating of my service.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician