Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

There seems to be no voiltage at the evap solenoid the

Customer Question
solenoid is new too i have...
there seems to be no voiltage at the evap solenoid the solenoid is new too
i have chevy express 2006 V8 4.8l
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
12/3/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

with the key ON the red white wire shows NO volts at it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
actually i do have power now
I have error codes
PO449
PO442

and you clear the codes and how soon before they reset ?

usually the 442 code ( small leak detected ) is set from the 449 ( evap vent control voltage ) is reading wrong

any access to a scan tool ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how to clear codes

with a scan tool OR disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect both battery cables

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like I have reset light and I drive 20 miles and still good.
I haven't able to reset before

let me know how it goes

do not forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician