Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado

Customer Question
Customer: Hi my name is...
Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** . I have a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado with a 5.3 and 352000 miles. I had a code po332 . I replaced both knock sensors. I replaced both catalytic converters. Then I had a code po300 misfire. Replaced plugs and wires . Now I have a code po332 . PLEASE HELP
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did replace the starter .Need it to pass EMISSION
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES I CAN WAIT
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
11/28/2015
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. On this engine you need to change the wiring harness for the knock sensors when changing the sensors. It is the only way to ensure trouble free operation If you did replace it then you need to check the connection at the computer. It is located under the hood next to the radiator on the driver side. Make sure that it does not have any corroded connections. Please let me know if you need more help.

BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician