GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What are typical problems when 2006 avalanche starts running

Customer Question

what are typical problems when 2006 avalanche starts running roungh and flex fuel sensor check engine light comes on?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I am Cam.

Can I get your first name?

There are any number of common issues on these. Depending on your vehicle, it could be lifters, spark plugs, wires, coils, injectors, fuel system or engine mechanical. MY bet though is not fuel system, not envied mechanical, but rather spark plug, wires, coil or injector. Here is how I would diagnose this.
I would first scan the vehicle to determine which cylinder. Then inspect the plug/wire/coil for that cylinder. If you find nothing, then swap parts around. Put the spark plug in the next cylinder, the coil in the one after that and the wire on the other side. Run it and see where the misfire goes. If it moves, replace the part that you moved to the next cylinder. If it does not move, then we look at wiring, injector or base engine. Its been common recently for spark plugs to fail. So lets not go too deep and get too worried just yet.