GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I've got a 98 k1500 5.7 with a 4L60e trans.when I put it in

Customer Question

I've got a 98 k1500 5.7 with a 4L60e trans.when I put it in rev. And give it some feul it blows my eng1 fuse.
And also has got me boggled is at drive speed between 1400 to 1600 in od there's a vibration feel or shutter but if I accelerate to a faster speed and higher rpm it goes away and it only does it in od none of the other gears
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I doubt if the 2 are related. as far as the vibration goes I'll see if there are any tsb's out on that but the eng1 fuse feeds a lot of items, so the first thing to do would be to retrieve the codes. If you don't have a scan tool or code reader, most auto-parts stores retrieve codes for free. once you get them, write them downand give them to me. It may come down to disconnecting each item and see if the fuse still blows. Will the fuse also blow if simply shifting to reverse with the engine off?

Anyhow, here is the wiring diagram showing all that that fuse powers,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I found no tsb's on a vibration while in overdrive. I am not really a transmission expert, so perhaps you should open a separate question strickly about that overdrive vibration in the transmission category.