Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a code 1860 showing up on my 2013 Chev suburban and

Customer Question

i have a code 1860 showing up on my 2013 Chev suburban and the vehicle coughs sputters then stalls when leaving the driveway.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey the code is actually p0186. Last night was the coldest that it has been since last feb.brian
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THE CODE #??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea, that is what shows up on the code reader. The truck starts, but when i put it in gear it sputters and stalls...why is that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code i gave originally was incorrect, the code in the second message is correct. PO186
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, there is a new code 2635 now....

OK,,STAND BY

those other codes arent for your tuck

that code isnt relevant either

do you get anything else?

can you drive it at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cleared the codes and then connected the reader and got P2635 again. it is the only code in the system and the car barley starts now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would you suggest for additional trouble shooting if the codes are not relevant? The check engine light is no longer on after i cleared the codes.

what kind of scanner are you using?

after it starts,does it run well in park?

lets try something simple here..

remove the intake air duct and clean the inside of the throttle body with carb or throttle body cleaner

sometimes the throttle body will get dirty with blak soot and cause this problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am using a Innova 3020b scanner. I just started the car and let it run for a little and the code P0186 came back.So after it starts, it now no longer runs well in park. it sputters and the rpm fluctuate but it will stall in under a minute. I turn the ign off and restart and it will idle for about 20sec then starts the sputtering routine again.Each time is start it and let it run it appears to run longer and a little better. So to answer the question, no it does not run well in park.I have removed the air cleaner, i will spray some cleaner down it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the carbmedic did not appear to help. It was a little difficult as the car didnt want to stay running while i was spraying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i started it and tried to warm it up, and now it wont start. there are additional codes now. P0174, P0300, P069E, P2635, P0186

HI

SORRY, I HAVE BEEN OFF LINE...NOW WE MAY BE GETTING SOMEWHERE..

YOU DO NOW HAV RELEVEANT CODES,,THE 300,0174 AND THE P069E.

THE 300 CODE ONLY MEANS YOU ARE HAVING MISFIRES ON DIFFERENT CYLINDERS.

SENSE YOU GET THE LEAN CODE[0174 AND THE FUEL PUMP ODE[069E]..I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS THE FUEL PUMP,YOU NEED TO CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE,THESE MUST HAVE NO LESS THAN 55PSI AT ALL TIMES.

I WOULD THINK YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP MODULE

THANKS

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Fuel Pump

Fuel Pump

With Flex Fuel

19259394$426.32

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Diagnose/Test Fuel Pump, Test

B0.00.5

Replace Front Tank

B2.02.6

Does Not Include: Drain And Refill Fuel Tank.

Replace Rear Tank

B2.02.8

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twybmmfgbp6uwdp/1112-SUBURBAN-DTC%20P0171.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/twybmmfgbp6uwdp/1112-SUBURBAN-DTC%20P0171.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help