Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

The passenger side of dual A/C won't adjust. The velocity of

Customer Question

The passenger side of dual A/C won't adjust. The velocity of air will adjust but not the tempature. 2009 Suburban.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

the drivers side temp i am assuming works fine ?

was anything done to this truck like a battery change or a jump start ?

or did this problem start out of the blue ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir nothing has been done just started out of the blue.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

usually when this happens the issue is either the actuator for the temp control needs to be re calibrated or has failed

the best action to take is to follow the re calibration i have listed below and if it still will not work correctly the passenger actuator would need to be replaced which is a 1 to 1.5 hour job to do as the passenger side airbag will need to come out to access the actuator and they usually run @ $ 100 for the actuator

1. Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
  2. Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.
  3. Start the vehicle.
  4. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you can always get me back through this post for FREE for any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only a/c fuses on mine are as listed.. a/c compressor, hvac battery, aux hvac battery, aux hvac ign, hvac ign, fan, hvac blower.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

disconnect the battery for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect both battery cables to the battery and start it up not touching the controls for 1 minute and see what happens

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you can always get me back for FREE through this post with any follow up anytime with this question

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?