Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 1994 Corvette with a Digitale speed odometer, when

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Corvette with a Digitale speed odometer, when I turn the car to on the speed odometer reads "0", when I drive the car down the road it still reads "0".
I replaced the Speedometer sensor that is located on the Transmission.
Can You help me with this????
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

is this an automatic or a manual transmission ?

does the check engine light come on? are there any codes set in the computer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
automatic
yes the engine light is on
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

any idea what the code set is ?

will the cruise control work ?

the odds are there will be VSS ( vehicle speed sensor ) codes set in the computer if there are with a new speed sensor in this car the issue comes down to one of the 2 wires from the VSS to the computer is bad or the electrical connector at the VSS has a bad terminal in it or where the wire is crimped to the terminal in the connector is bad which replacing the connector corrects that issue or a bad computer

90 % of these replacing the VSS connector does the trick or one of the 2 wires from the VSS to the computer is broken or bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume you will respond to my email
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

yes i responded at 8:01

any idea what the code set is ?

will the cruise control work ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the cruise control does not work, which it will not work if the speedometer is not working.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

that is correct

since the cruise will not work and the speedo does not work and the check engine light is on the odds are there is a VSS code set which usually means the VSS signal is not getting to the computer which is usually the VSS connector bad or one of the 2 VSS wires from the VSS to the computer is bad

you can always get me back through this post for FREE any time with any follow up with this question even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer for any follow up anytime as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here