Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

6 mo ago new 350 and tranny, been fine but the truck cut off

Customer Question

6 mo ago new 350 and tranny, been fine but the truck cut off going down the road and now will not start without ether 1993 chevy k1500
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as long as I keep the rpms up it will run but let off the accelerator and it dies
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing may be cause by low fuel pressure due to a failing fuel pump and or restricted fuel filter . I would start first with installing a fule pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring, normal pressure needs to be right at 9 to 13 PSI. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.