Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevy Tahoe 2004 poor acceleration slight chugging just

Customer Question
replaced wiper pumps last weekend...
Chevy Tahoe 2004 poor acceleration slight chugging just replaced wiper pumps last weekend after that the engine light came on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/28/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Is this the water pump that was replaced or fuel pump?

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Replace window washer pump
Did not check engine light came on after reconnect battery
Didn't check codes

Just to be sure this wasn't an issue before the washer pump was replaced am I correct?

Do you have a scan tool at all to check codes?

Was not issue before washer pump replacement
Can't check codes till after 5:30 central time

O.k.,if you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help.Places like Auto Zone will usually read the codes free of charge and having this code info will really help with this here.

Until then I would re check the work area to see if anything was bumped loose electronically or damaged possibly and is causing this here.I have seen this before with repairs like this when something is bumped loose or damaged during the repair.

If this is o.k. one other thing is when you disconnect the battery this erases the throttle learn in the computer.What you can try and do is to remove the air filter inlet that connects to the throttle body and clean out the throttle body bore with a shop rag with some carb. or brake cleaner sprayed on the rag to see if this then corrects the fault.If you do this when your done cleaning turn on the key without starting the engine and wait 30 seconds then turn off the key and wait 15 seconds and repeat 2 more times then start the engine.

If none of these are the fault here if you can let me know the code numbers this will help quite a bit.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Just read the code it say p0135

I apologize for the delay as I was offline.

The code set here is for a fault with the heater control for your oxygen sensor in bank 1 sensor 1.This is the oxygen sensor on the drivers side closest to the engine,the oxygen sensor is in the exhaust itself.If the wiring to this sensor is damaged or disconnected this will need repaired or reconnected then check and see if this fault still occurs here.Usually this code here won't cause the running issues you have.

What will cause this is poor fuel pressure or fuel volume as the fuel pump is a very common component that will act up needing replaced.I have had to replace several.I have also had to replace several fuel filters for an issue like this as well.

I have also seen where the air filter tubing from the filter to the throttle body becomes loose or damaged causing this as well or any vacuum leaks like the intake gaskets leaking.

If the oxygen sensor wiring is found to be o.k. I would have the fuel pressure checked as well as any vacuum leaks checked for any issues needing repaired.If you need info on how to check these let me know and I can post some of the info here.

Thanks Pete

Great thanks will check it out

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here if you don't mind.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician