Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Ron Bare again, same old truck....1995 chevy k 2500 desiel

Customer Question
Hi Gary Ron Bare again...
Hi Gary Ron Bare again, same old truck....1995 chevy k 2500 desiel 6.5 turbo, had new injector pump put in. new fuel pump primer ( vibrator on frame) when you cut the truck off and within a minute re-crank cranks quick, if it sets for while like 10 minutes
or more then it turns over and over and over before cranking
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
10/26/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any fuel leaks leading from the fuel tank to the primer/lift pump to see if the lift pump is sucking air and fuel mixture as this will cause this issue here.This may not show up as a leak on the ground in some cases as it can be a small pinhole.In some cases I have seen the sock filter in the fuel tank clog up needing replaced that can cause this here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Pete, Auto Service Technician