Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I need to disable on star in my 2011 equinox

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
10/24/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Jones

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you provide me with your VIN# ***** I can get the proper wiring diagram for your vehicle?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

2gna1dec8b1155349
this is not helpful
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

You can unplug the module which is located by the gas and brake pedal. Item #4 in the picture.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

That will disable the system

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Did you find the fuse?

If you need more help, please use the "Reply"tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Isn't easier just to pull the fuse from the fuse box? What fuse do I pull?
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

The fuse is #33 CIM in the Instrument Panel fuse box.

33 CIM Fuse 10A

Telematics Communication Interface Control Module

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

There is a second fuse box inside the car.

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

It is on the right side of the console, under the dash.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

This was a complete waste of money. I found the information I needed on you tube for FREE.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

I gave you the location of the fuse box that the fuse was in and which fuse to remove.

You forgot to mention that the fuse also controls other functions, that are vital to the running of the car
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

I originally told you to "You can unplug the module which is located by the gas and brake pedal. Item #4 in the picture."

the picture you sent me is wrong, there is nothing there to unplug
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

The module has connectors and Onstar antenna wire on it you can unplug.

Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones