rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Broke down lost power ,oil pressure, coolant dropped

Customer Question

Broke down lost power ,oil pressure , coolant dropped
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

First thing to check is oil pressure readings. We don't want to even try to start it again without knowing for sure that pressure is good.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No way of checking it on side of high way please walk me through steps
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing you can do where you're at, you need an oil pressure gauge to start with and the tools to remove the oil sender to attach the gauge to. Sorry for this news, but unfortunately you'll need more assistance where you're at. I'm just the messenger here. I wouldn't try to start it, or you can make it worse.

Thanks, Ron