Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2006 trailblazer. Abs and traction control engages at slow

Customer Question

2006 trailblazer. Abs and traction control engages at slow speed. Abs diagnostic reveals a c0244 error code. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means you have a problem with a wheel speed sensor. The abs module monitors wheel speed sensor data and if one of the wheel speed sensors are not giving similar signal as the others vehicle will think it is sliding out of control and activate the abs. Do you have a scan tool to monitor live wheel speed sensor data? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an ots obd2 reader that does abs. Not sure if it can do a live real time scan while in use. This occurs in rear 2wd mode. Would this indicate that the sensor that is failing is in the back?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No, that wouldn't mean much. I'm guessing you usually drive in 2wd so just haven't been in 4x4 long enough to experience the problem. This is going to be a hard problem to diagnose without correct scan tool. With correct scan tool you can monitor wheel speed sensors to see which one is dropping out during problem then replace. The most common wheel bearing to fail seems to be front drivers side. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interestingly enough I just had the front drivers side wheel hub replace 2 months ago. Prior to the start of this problem.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
How long after replacement did problem happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i recall the traction control engaging might have start rather soon after replacement. The abs followed about 5 weeks later
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I definitely think problem is related. There may be a damaged wire, loose connection, or new assembly could be the problem. I'd recommend bringing to shop that did work and say you think the bearing they installed may be causing problems, they will probably fix for free. Let me know how it turns out or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do that. Hopefully that is the issue. Thanks I will let you know.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me updated. Thanks again and have a good evening.