Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

2000 drivers seat will not go back when you pull the key. A

Customer Question

2000 drivers seat will not go back when you pull the key. A new seat rail was replaced at dealership. The seat gos' toward the steering wheel. Yes, i have memory system. It is set for two drivers.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why the seat is not resetting the system is going to need to be scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting in the seat control module. This type of scan will need to be done with a GM compatible scan tool. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll take answer to dealer. After, 5 trips. I've had it.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stopped by Advance Auto Parts. We scanned the on board computer. Now the store said this was not a end all computer scann. We found No Code problems. I'll go by my regular repair shop on Monday. The problem belong to the dealership. I'm looking for answers to put it back on the dealer. Now, we purchased the vette in September, I am patient. This is information collection. Thanks . Now with No code faults any idea. I think the replacement track is faulty. Everything else is working. I own another 2000 Corvette for 12 years it has 250,000 miles and never had any problem outiside of maintenance. My son has the older Vette. Ed
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately a code reader that Advance uses will not usually pull codes for the seat module. You may very well be right about the track being defective but in order to know where to begin you need to scan the seat module and this requires a full scanner. It sure sounds to me like replacing the track was not the problem as well. I would agree, if it was like this before you purchased it then it should be on the to repair it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We figure the seat motor bipolor. Not a computer problems. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.