gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I placed a 2010 camaro LS3 and ecm into a 2014 camaro SS

Customer Question

I placed a 2010 camaro LS3 and ecm into a 2014 camaro SS that had been stripped in california. I turn the key on, the fuel pump comes on, the lights come on, the info display reads service airbag ( the side head airbags have been removed and I haven't replaced them yet), I turn the key to start it and nothing happens. I hear a click down by the firewall around the steering column, by that's it. Amy ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 years ago.

Have you checked to see if you have power at the starter signal circuit when you turn the key?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure where that's located. I do have power from the positive post to the starter.

there are two connections to the starter- the large cable that comes straight from the battery- and the small signal wire, which comes from the starter circuit. Clicking under the dash seems to indicate the starter relay is working, if you have power to the starter on the signal wire but no crank, either you have a dead battery or your starter is bad.