George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Mouse cut through some wires near engine..Can;t drive it to

Customer Question

Mouse cut through some wires near engine..Can;t drive it to repair shop until I know what the damage is (I live in a remote are Antelope Valley, C) trying to figure out what the mouse cut..
Chevy 2002 Silverado truck 1500
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Can you match the wire colors and repair them with solder and insulating tape or heat shrink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well...no..Have never attempted soldering or any electrical..I guess I'll call a tow truck Monday a.m. I guess I just want to know what system it is. Do I dare drive it ?. mouse ate to.one side of wire bundle so it's short on one side.Oh, by the way you are dealing with a 75 year old lady(who's been driving since she was 10 years old) in a remote mountain area no neighbors currently. I can change a tire, fill a fluid container but cannot tell what system I am looking at.I went on line to look at wiring diagrams to see if I could get a hint..but no luck..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I do something wrong ? No answer...from George..Or is it he's just busy ?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you don't have the ability to do the repair you will need to get it towed or find a mobile mechanic that will come out and do the repair. Without pictures of the damage I would be guessing as to what the damage is and what it will take to repair it. Usually it is not hard but it does take some skill to get everything back together again.

Please let me know what I can do to help from here

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks..I'm stranded til Monday..Worse things could happen!Thanks for your advice..
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you have further questions just post them here and I will do what I can to get them answered for you

Thanks