Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1994 chevy camaro z28. Last spring it broke an

Customer Question

I have a 1994 chevy camaro z28. Last spring it broke an intake valve, and sat until I could afford to repair it this last month. The car was taken apart the firs of Sept, bat pulled at that timeEngine work was done in car- ! piston replaced and heads redone.
Finally got it back together last night, and I can get no sprk. There is no ignition circuit power from the computer to the ignition module. I tryed changing the distributor, and the computer- still nothing. Please help! I want to drive my car!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why you are lacking spark you are going to need to do some testing starting with the replacement distributor. I have enclosed the steps in the link below as well as the engine control wiring diagram for reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DIstributor%20test%20Oct%207.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igntion%20circuit%20Oct%207.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just got your message- had gone to bed after waiting 6 hrs for an answer- I'll try your things after work and let you know how it goes-
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I'm here if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok-ran checks by your sheet- disconectedreads 12 volts hot and ground, 5 volt high and low. cranking voltage is eratic- low varies from.2 to 2.4 with a rare spike higher[ above 4] high reads from1.9 to 2.0
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure the new distributor is not defective?