Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I recently replaced the rear window motor on my 1989

Customer Question

I recently replaced the rear window motor on my 1989 suburban. it worked well for a while. then it stopped working one day for a few hours. it began working and was fine for about 2 months. 4 days ago it was down, i went to roll it up again and it wont work. fuses all seem to be fine. including the 30a window one.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

do you have power on the window motor wires that connect to the motor when trying to roll up or down now?

is this the only window that doesnt work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your response. In the meantime, I was able to test the motor (it is not bad) and the Wiring (It has power). The motor is fairly new and seeing that all the parts seemed to have the appropriate power, I took my late fathers advice: "If it is not working, test all your electrical components, if all is as it is supposed to be and you think it should work, hit it with a hammer." (He was an engineer, not a mechanic. It worked. Problem solved.... for now.

lol,,a hammer can fix allot..

i would think that sense the jar from the hammer hit,that that new motor is bad,,it seems to be sticking,though it may work for a while after you hit it,i would think it will quit again,,if so,replace the motor thanks