cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 2004 Chevrolet suburban 8.1 is says unknown on the

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2004 Chevrolet suburban 8.1 is says unknown on the DIC display and starts and eyes immediately please help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

unknown is a bad connection with the ecm to the rest of the car i would start with unpluging the ecm and cleaning the connector but if that dose not work the ecm will have to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already bought an PCM that was programmed to my vehicle but when I plugged it in it did the same thing start up die start up and die and still says unknown driver I wrote this already in the big long info I gave I hope you revived all that as it was a lot of info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was an intermittent problem and would start only when the vehicle was cool or we had cool weather but now will not start at all just start in dye that is so I was able to get codes off the scanner when it would run if you would like them
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

what brought you to the pcm

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

what codes did you get

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope you're ready it's a bunch U1300 U1088 U1041 U1064 U1016 U1000 U1305 U1096 U1160 U1161 U1152 U1056 U1026 U1301 C0472 B0183 B0188 B1480 B2615 B2948 B2957 B1001
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

that is alot of codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm now going to bed have to work in morning and don't want to pay 40$ for a phone call. If have an answer for me you can send it or feel free to ask me more questions thanks
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

let me look up the codes and i will get back to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I can't reach you yet as you didn't finish our conversation you were supposed to get back to me about the codes and let me know what you think what direction I need to go thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant I cannot rate you yet
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i stand by my original diagnosis the ecm is the only thing that will set all the codes off that you are getting