Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

LJ, I'm having no spark issues with my 86 chevy c30 454.

Customer Question

Hi LJ, I'm having no spark issues with my 86 chevy c30 454. Have replaced everything on the distributor got spark worked on the timing chain and then no spark. Tested new ignition coil which is now testing bad. I don't know if it was bad to begin with so Im going to get another and test it before I put it on. If it is good what would be burning it out so quick?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I am very sorry for the long wait

the big power wire that plugs into the cap shows 12 volts at it with the key ON ?

what exactly was replaced in the distributor ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Didnt think this question went thro! If u r still answering, yes there is power to it and i replaced both coils, ignition module, and capacitor and plugs and wires and still no spark
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

this is an HEI with the coil on top of the cap ?